Writer: Agriculture and Food Cluster Team
- Thai translation of the SRP Standard for Sustainable Rice Cultivation;
- Handbook for Smart Officers to help design and conduct farmer training on the SRP Standard;
- Handbook for Smart Farmers on how to apply sustainable best practices in rice cultivation and help fellow farmers in his or her community to do the same;
- Easy-to-understand cartoon storybooks, handouts an posters on benefits that farmers will gain from switching to sustainable best practices; and
- Folk-style songs on sustainable rice cultivation practices.
The materials in the Toolkit can be used by Smart Officers, Smart Farmers, companies in the rice value chain, or any other interested stakeholders to build capacity of farmers to apply more sustainable practices in growing rice, according to the practices advocated in the SRP Standard.
The Toolkit was developed by the Thai-German Climate Programme – Agriculture, with the Thai Rice Department. The programme aims to create 1,500 Smart Officers and Smart Farmers on SRP and sustainable practices, to be the focal points for communicating the benefits of and working with farmer communities to follow sustainable, climate-resilient practices.
The Toolkit supports the aim of the SRP National Chapter Thailand to provide resources on and increase understanding of SRP within Thailand’s rice sector.