The Common Fund for Commodities (CFC) is inviting applications for support of commodity development activities in its member countries.
The Common Fund for Commodities provides financing to organisations and enterprises engaged in commodity value chains in its member countries. Through a range of financial instruments, the CFC seeks to support business activities in the field of commodity development, including agriculture, minerals and metals in Developing Countries. The intervention should, besides giving a sound financial return, also provide for a measurable social and environmental return.
All interested parties are kindly invited to submit qualifying proposals no later than 30 April 2017.
CFC supports activities which promote the contribution of the commodity sector to sustainable development of CFC member countries in the following aspects:
(i) Social: Create employment (particularly for youth and women), provide sustained increase in household incomes, reduce poverty, and enhance food security.
(ii) Economic: Enhance production and productivity, achieve higher local value addition; improve competitiveness of producers, producer organisations and small and medium sized industries, support the financial sector development.
(iii) Environmental: Enhance production taking into account the environment and its long term possibilities for the same, or increased use of productive resources while maintaining or reducing the impact on the environment. The CFC supports implementation of activities along the value chain that:
– are innovative, scalable and replicable, – are financially sustainable,
– have a potential measurable positive socio-economic and environmental impact on the stakeholders in commodity value chains as compared to the prevailing baseline situation,
– develop stronger connections with existing markets or create new markets along the value chain,
– increase financial or other services available for commodity producers and commodity based businesses,
– enhance knowledge generation and information dissemination, and – build effective and cost efficient collaboration between producers, industry, governments, civil society organisations and other stakeholders for commodity based development.
For full details, please download the call for proposals and submission guidelines:Call for Proposals (PDF), Application form (PDF), and Instructions for completing the application form (PDF). For any questions related to the Open Call, please contact: OPENCALL@COMMON-FUND.ORG