Project period: January 2021 – December 2023
Agrinnovation Fund in ASEAN(AIF
Fostering market driven innovations, high quality and sustainability of the agricultural value chains
The Fund’s Approach
Innovation and development
Supports innovations, enhance existing good technology and practices, and support resilience and climate change adaptation
- Projects designed together with public partners, GIZ and applicants
- Projects implemented with support from third-party service providers
- Requires equal matching contribution—monetary or in-kind
Benefits for all Increase business performance, leverage private expertise and funds for public policy goals, improve livelihoods and empower youth and women in the value chain
Focus areas supported by the Fund
Production & Processing
Marketing & Market Access
Cooperation along the value chain
What are the supported value chains?
Cambodia: chili, mango, chashew and open to other crops
Lao PDR: watermelon and banana
Myanmar: coffee, chili, ginger, pomelo and mushroom
Viet Nam: mango and lychee in Son La & Bac Giang provinces
Who can apply for the Fund?
Smallholder producer organisations, processors, exporters, retailers, input and service providers in the agricultural value chains
How to apply?
The application is now closed. Thank you for your submission.
For inquiries, please reach us via email email@example.com
- 100 idea proposals submission were received from the 4 focus countries
- 27 idea proposals were selected for partnership and further implementation with support from AIF. Please see factsheet for further details here .
- 1st event: Innovation in Agriculture (7 December 2021)
- 2nd event: Boosting Climate Smart Agriculture Practices (29 June 2022)
- 3rd event: Boosting Partnerships (13-14 December 2022)
- 4th event: Lesson Learned from AIF (2023)
Save the date!
Theme: Lessons learned from AIF implementation
Stay tuned for more updates.
Mr. Frank Jattke, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Gebhard Ott, email@example.com
Ms. Duangmala Phonesavath, firstname.lastname@example.org
General Directorate of Agriculture, Cambodia
Department of Agriculture, Lao PDR
Myanmar Fruit, Flower and Vegetable producers and Exporters Association
Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Viet Nam