Position for an internship available
GIZ Thailand/Bangkok, the project ASEAN Sustainable Agrifood Systems (ASEAN SAS) is looking for an
Intern for communications and related activities
Field of activity
ASEAN Sustainable Agrifood Systems (ASEAN SAS) project is one of the two modules under the ASEAN-German Programme on Response to Climate Change: Agriculture, Forestry and Related Sectors focusing on the promotion of sustainable agricultural production. The project supports ASEAN Member States to improve the agrifood sector along entire value chains in the rice, vegetable, and fruit. This includes factors such as further processing and market linkages for small farming households. The project emphasises on the topics of biological control agents, soil and nutrient management, and farm economics and adopts a market-oriented approach which is put into practice through several pilot measures. The key success factor is the cooperation with the private sector, e.g. with food industry companies. This orientation on the value chains ensures the economical sustainability of the approaches used.
You will gain insights into accompanying policy advisory processes and in the area of project management and thus build up your capacities.
The main tasks will be the following:
- Create communication and information-sharing materials and activities, e.g. news report, fact sheets, power point presentations, video clips, etc. to raise awareness of issues relating the ASEAN SAS;
- Assist in managing and updating online and offline communications products, e.g. website, Facebook, newsletters, etc.;
- Write and edit online and offline news stories in a lively manner and in a journalistic style;
- Take expressive and informative photos of the ASEAN SAS events and related activities;
- Research and look for opportunities to promote ASEAN SAS’s dedicated issues with current and potential partners through media and non-media channels.
You bring the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor or Master Degree education (could still be ongoing) in the fields of journalism, communication, public relations, English or related areas;
- Minimum of six-months work experience in the fields of journalism, communication public relations or related areas;
- Good writing skills for both off- and online channels in English;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experienced in the production of communication materials;
- Computer design and video editing skills will be an asset;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good Computer skills (MS Office).
The internship period is for six months, starting as soon as possible.
Elisabeth Fischer (Elisabeth.Fischer@giz.de)
Rojana Manowalailao (email@example.com)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
ASEAN Sustainable Agrifood Systems (ASEAN-SAS)
Department of Agriculture, 50, Sitthiporn Building, 4th Floor
Phaholyothin Road, Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900
>> Job Description <<